The article discusses 13th century ruler of Milan, Italy Matteo il Magno Visconti, with a focus on his ruling and land consolidating strategies in the Lombardy region of Italy. Topics discussed include the cultural and building program of Matteo, the association of the Visconti with the kings of Lombardy which Matteo promoted, and art works commissioned to promote the connection between Lombardy and the Visconti.
|Original language||English (US)|
|Number of pages||38|
|Journal||I Tatti Studies|
|State||Published - Jan 1 2013|
- MILAN (Italy) -- Buildings, structures, etc.
- MILAN (Italy) -- History -- To 1535
- MILAN (Italy) -- Politics & government
- LOMBARDY (Italy) -- History -- To 1535
- LOMBARDS -- Kings & rulers
- VISCONTI, Matteo