The article discusses the excavations of the Fisher Mounds and Village site. The author states that George Langford, a Joliet engineer, started excavating the site in 1906 until 1929. The article continues by saying that the excavations were continued by the Illinois State Museum (ISM) and the University of Chicago (UC) under the supervision of Ms. Gretchen Cutter, with the aid of the Works Progress Administration (WPA), until the site was destroyed by gravel mining operations.
|Original language||English (US)|
|State||Published - 2008|