The purpose of this study was to identify and examine the major knowledge domains required for rehabilitation counseling practice across settings in today's rapidly changing practice environment. Data obtained and analyzed from a recent national study by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) is reported and reviewed in detail. Specific implications for knowledge translation of the study's finding for practitioner certification and academic program accreditation are identified.
- Empirical foundation of practice
- Essential knowledge and skills
- Rehabilitation counseling compentencies
- Role and function research
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Applied Psychology
- Public Health, Environmental and Occupational Health