A hybrid technique is presented that combines the finite element and boundary integral methods for simulating electromagnetic scattering from discrete body-of-revolution (DBOR) geometries. The inherent angular periodicity present in a DBOR is utilized to decompose the system matrix into several smaller modal problems, which can be solved efficiently with sparse direct solvers. The proposed method has been validated numerically and provides an efficient tool for the simulation of the scattering by DBOR geometries in electromagnetics.
- Discrete Fourier transform (DFT)
- Discrete body-of-revolution (DBOR)
- Electromagnetic scattering
- Finite element-boundary integral (FE-BI) method
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering